Pages

Monday, October 25, 2021

Design Wall Monday - bag progress

Sophia's zebra bag is all finished.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  It's about 17 x 21, and the shorter handles were a good decision.  


Olivia's music bag is coming along nicely.  I'm making flying geese for the front of the bag, and have a couple more left to do (aqua & green).  Then I'll sew them in a vertical strip, with the music fabric on both sides. My plan is to have the geese slightly off-center.  


I want the pianos to be the main focus on the front since she wants this to carry her books to piano lessons each week.  I have a purple print for the lining and handles, and possibly a strip around the bottom of the bag.

I dropped off my main sewing machine on Saturday afternoon for a long overdue tune-up and cleaning.  For a couple of weeks I’ll have to use my smaller machine that I usually take to classes and retreats.  I’ll miss a couple of handy features not on this smaller machine, but it will be nice to have my big machine all tuned up again.

What is on your design wall today? 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful colorful bags! I am certain the girls will love them!