Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

To Do Tuesday

 Yesterday I went back to my October list of goals and was shocked at how little from that list I've actually worked on.  Wow - that was an overly ambitious list of goals!  Last week I set a weekly goal of working on bags.  One is done - Yay!!, a second is partially done, and the third is planned out. The zebra bag is ready to fuse the fleece lining and do a little bit of quilting.  There are no zippers on this one so it really shouldn't take too long. 

And then I got distracted with some Christmas table runners last week.  I think these will make good gifts if I can actually finish them.  One is a complete top and the other 2 are cut out.  So I'm adding these to this week's goals so I can focus on those bags again. 


The pattern called for 4 of the paper pieced Crossed Canoe blocks, but that would be a huge table runner and that doesn't work for everyone.  I ended up doing just 2 blocks because with the sashing and border it's a decent size even if your table is small. 


That first one is a very modern Christmas fabric in aqua, and pink with a touch of red.  The peppermint candy print and the green snowman are both a lot more traditional. I think each one will be very cute.  

So for this week I've tried to set some reasonable goals for myself:

  • FIRST - put away all of the Quilt Show "stuff" that I unloaded from my car!!
  • Finish 1 of the 2 Christmas runners (flimsies)
  • Farmers Wife Sampler blocks
    • make this week's 2 new blocks
    • sash at least 10 more
  • Make at least 5 various RSC blocks
  • Progress on Sophia's zebra bag
  • Progress on Olivia's music bag
  • Halloween black cat pillow (quilt front & cut back pieces)
  • prep a possible charity stitching project with friends - maybe they will be interested
I'm linking up with To Do Tuesday.

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am anxious to see the snowman fabric made up;) Yes your first one is so modern and lovely with that aqua in there. You have a good set of goals for this week.

Preeti said...

Love that zebra. He will make a cute tote. I have never made a Crossed Canoes blocks but I'm intrigued. Happy sewing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like a busy sewing week for you! Have fun!

Linda said...

Wow that Zebra bag is beautiful! Love the table runner you've started and those are really cute and fun Christmas fabrics. Good luck on your list!
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The crossed canoe blocks are really neat! They're going to make nice table runners. Good luck with your list!

Sharon Kwilter said...

All those project are really pretty. Those are lots of projects to keep track of.