Pages

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Working on the red and white layout

 So far I'm having some fun imagining how this red and white quilt will end up looking.  


The schoolhouse and the diamond-stars were the beginning of my Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR) from 2022.  We started with a block and then got challenge clues to add things each week.  I did the diamonds the second week, and then hit a wall with it.  Each week I tried to add something - like the heart above the chimney - but it just wasn't looking good.  So it became a UFO, folded up in a project box along with some red scraps. 

And then along came the Sewcialites 2 sew-along in 2023, and I decided to do 3" blocks in red and white.  Somewhere along the way I remembered the schoolhouse project, and now it's getting some new life.  I'm not at all sure how this will play out but at least it's back on the design wall. 

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like how this quilt is looking so far. Your redwork quilt will be interesting with the variety of blocks. I like that you have background around the blocks, it's not busy. Happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s challenging to design as you go, but I like where this one is headed. Enjoy!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It looks good! Have fun!