Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Sparklers for July 4th

Happy July 4th!!

Sparklers is the name of the 2024 Liberty Box project from Fat Quarter Shop.


My version is a completed flimsy, all ready to be quilted.  I made just a couple of minor changes.  The pattern called for 5" outer border, but I felt like it was going to be too much white, so my borders were cut 2.5" instead.  I like it.  And there is a red strip at the top and bottom of the center panels, which came from my stash.  The pattern used one of the medium blue fabrics in the kit.  But there wasn't enough and those fabrics have been unavailable to order online - so I just pulled from my stash.  

I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday, celebrating America's birthday.

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Happy 4th! Will you be keeping this beauty?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy 4th !

Chrisknits said...

Lovely top!! And that watermelon piece is just adorable!!! Wonderful piecing going on over there.