Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

To Do Tuesday

Yesterday was cool, windy, and drizzling so I'm very glad I took my walk early before the rain.  And that left me with lots of sewing time.   

Happily, this small project is coming together very quickly.


The Riley Blake kit for this door hanger looked kind of complicated, but turns out this was really quick to make.  I still have to applique the flower vine, leaves, and watermelon seeds.  But I'm feeling optimistic about getting that done by next week.  

One Night Vision block is finished in this month's RSC color - aqua.  Two more to go in this color.  But I haven't dug very deeply into the aqua scraps yet to choose more 3.5" by 6.5" aqua pieces. 


And yes - there may just be a small paper pieced block happening.  I've been following Carol Doak's work for several years.  I have her book on 50 paper pieced star blocks for 50 states in the US.  And I've been lurking around her online social media lately.  She began a new BOM called Circle of Friends.  I'm not sure I'll make many of the blocks, but I am working on the #1 block.  I like paper piecing in small increments, but had I promised myself I wouldn't do another whole quilt using paper piecing. 

4 comments:

Kate said...

The door hanger is coming along beautifully! Love the colors, they are perfect for summer. You found some fun aqua's for your RSC blocks. Paper piecing in small doses Isn't bad. But like you, I'll have to think really hard before I make another quilt using all paper piecing.

Tired Teacher said...

Cute Summer door deco! It would take me months to do the appliqué.

cityquilter grace said...

carol doak is a hoot! i took a workshop of hers about 18 or so years ago...we had so much fun and she does manage to obliterate the paper piecing angst...it was such a fun workshop...

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the watermelon and the flowers...it will be really cute. Aqua and black look great together!