Pages

Monday, October 7, 2024

Design Wall Monday - October 7

Updating my focus for the week, gives me some WIPs and something new.  The "new" project is my reward for finishing another quilt top plus a table runner flimsy last week.


The Tranquility mystery quilt clue #5 came out at the end of last week.  It's a LeMoyne Star block - 4 of them.  My pieces were cut while watching the Vikings play the Jets on Sunday morning.  I should get the blocks made today.


I'll be continuing to make the batik Hunter's Star blocks.  This began with the idea of making a small quilt, but I have enough batiks in the stash to make a big quilt.  I did buy a half yard of red and of orange batiks on Saturday because I realized those were colors I was short of for this project.  


And I'll be making more Shooting Star blocks all month.  The stack of blocks is getting closer to being large enough for a quilt top.  


My reward?  I will use a jelly roll that has spent way too much time sitting on the shelf.  The fabric line is Bubble Blues (Robert Kaufman fabrics), and the pattern is Twinkler, by Podunk Pretties.  She did a great tutorial for this block on her blog.  I'm excited to make another blue and white quilt.  And you know how I love star blocks - so how could I resist. 

Check in on more Design Wall Monday fun . . .
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

And Monday Musings at . . .

No comments: