Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Progress on the table runner

One of my other goals for this week is to finish the Christmas table runner I started last weekend.
 


I mentioned in a previous post that the pattern isn't written in a format that works for my brain.  Ugh!!  I hate adding 7/8" slivers to things to make them the same width as other sections.  And the pattern actually called for those skinny pieces at both ends of this holly section of the runner.  My other rant - the charm pack in the kit was not actually cut square.  The pieces are not 5" square.  In reality those charm pack pieces are 4.75" by 5".  What???  It's pretty difficult to cut 4 equal 2.5" squares from something that isn't big enough.  

The kit and pattern for this runner makes the final result 62" long.  Well, my dining room table is NOT that long so I'm changing things up a little.  The border pieces should be finished today, and then I'll decide how I want to quilt it. 

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

looks good so far but that is definitely the down side of kits...

Vicki in MN said...

Oh yes 7/8" is a pain in the patootie! That is a really odd measurement for a charm square.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I find quite often that the pre-cut's are not always correct but off a smidget here and there.

Tired Teacher said...

That wonky charm pack would sideline many quilters. I like the sneak peek of the runner.