Pages

Monday, September 21, 2026

Design Wall Monday - Sept. 21

One project from last week saw a little progress, and hopefully that progress will continue this week again.  I want to finish the top for this one by the end of the month.


Kisses From Heaven is getting closer to being a flimsy, but there are still quite a few applique pieces needing to be added.  I've been taking this one slowly, just doing a little of the applique at a time.  I tend to hunch over my machine when blanket stitching, and then my neck and shoulders get stiff.  So, I'm just working on it in small increments.


The Saturday Sampler assignment for September shouldn't take long, and that will be another priority for this week.  The small Flying Geese section (far right above) is actually not done as traditional Flying Geese blocks.  They are just rectangles with triangles side by side. The parts are ready to go for quick sewing.  A few more of the little snowflakes for next month need to be ironed onto fabric and cut out as well. 


These blocks are nearly ready to assemble into a baby quilt top. Just a few more blocks to make. This one might be a good baby gift for the new baby coming to the extended family (great nephew's family) this coming spring.  Once it's a flimsy, I should work on another UFO or WIP, right?  Not sure I could possibly live long enough to finish all of the UFO/WIP projects around here.  But I'm trying anyway.


I'm in the mood to work on some holiday themed things for some reason, but also have a lot of UFOs that need attention.  So . . . maybe a Christmas-y UFO?  These gingerbread people blocks were in a project box. Christmas pillows?  Table runner?  Wall hangings? Several years ago we did a Saturday Sampler called Gingerbread Joy, which was a mix of applique and piecing.  I finished my quilt without using the 5 gingerbread people blocks in the pattern.  These are the only 2 I worked on at the time, and they were tucked into the project box along with all the leftover fabrics.  Time to plan something with these I think. 

I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

No comments: