Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Mid-week check-in

How is it already Wednesday again?  Today I have a DAR meeting in the morning and a Quilt of Valor zoom meeting in the afternoon.  I hope to find a little sewing time today in between.  

What a busy week so far!!!  


The rows have become a finished flimsy for Scrappy Stars.  I used a lot of different black prints for backgrounds in this RSC project.  I'll share what the whole thing looks like on the Saturday RSC post.


I'm also making hot pads from the 2 extra blocks.  They are both ready for binding.  I think there is even enough of that red print to use for binding.  But I'm not sure yet what I'll find to bind the orange one.  


The Garden of Stars (paper pieced) block for October is one step closer to being done.  The block isn't difficult, but it was time consuming.  It took me over 3 hours yesterday to get the units all sewn. Each 12" block has 8 units, and each unit has 15 separate pieces.  Opposite units will be sewn together into a quarter section of the block.  But first I'll need to take all the paper foundations off each unit - carefully.  I do use a smaller stitche length, but it still pays to be careful removing the paper.

No comments: