Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

More on the "Rolling On" quilt . . .

The top is done and we love how it turned out. 80 of the pinwheel blocks went together - 16 made by each of the 5 of us. Then a narrow white border and a somewhat wider bright pink border. Pam brought the quilt to school yesterday and showed it to Mrs. M, whose breast cancer foundation it is being donated to for a raffle. One of her students, Dillon, also was the one to select the backing fabric since his grandma (Sylvia) is one of the 5. He did a great job in picking out a fun pink/white print that feels almost like flannel.

Here we are - working on the quilt. . .


































1 comment:

Reddirt Woman said...

Sara that quilt is beautiful!!! I hope you raise a lot of money for an incredibly worthy cause.

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogsphere. Sylvia is one of my favorite bloggers and one that I hope someday to meet. She told me that you had started reading my blog, too, and I thank you for checking it out. I mostly just like to spin a yarn (with a grain of truth to start on most times) and post my photos... both those I take and my collection of old family photos. But you all are so talented. I will look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Thanks again for your stoppin' by and leaving me a comment.

Helen