Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Saturday Sampler Block 7



My rainy Thursday evening sewing was pretty productive. Block 7 of my Saturday Sampler is the Water Wheel block. This whole year of sampler blocks are done from 5" charm squares and sew up very quickly.

The top one is my "official" sampler block done in the soft traditional colorway with the aquas and browns. Not my usual choice but I am really liking the "spa-like" soft colors.

The bottom left block is my bonus block done in the requested fall theme fabrics. This would be a very nice month to win the bonus blocks!

And the bottom right block is my alternate sampler set that I'm doing in black and white with bright accents. Some blocks have just one bright color and a couple of them so far have more than one bright. These are really turning out to be fun.

I also did one version of this block a couple of evenings ago for a block swap. It is done in purples and cream. It's in the mail to my partner, so I'll have to show that one later after she has received it.

No comments: