Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Amish Houses are quilted





This one is just as pretty from the back as it is from the front. For my regular readers, this is my Amish House quilt, and I spent most of July and August working on this. It's a bit outside of my usual projects - with each of the 12 house blocks having a unique 6" square miniature quilt.


But it's all worth it when I see this finished up with beautiful quilting. Carly put a different quilted motif over the miniature quilt in each block. The house parts were outline quilted. The sky is a very small stipple. Then beautiful leaf shapes in the first border, a geometric design in the second border, and finally another soft swirly design in the third border.


I absolutely LOVE it! Carly did a great job!

3 comments:

Moneik said...

It looks awesome! Can't wait to see the entire quilt.

Jen said...

So pretty! It was fun to watch you make this quilt. It turned out beautiful!

woolyjooly said...

REALLY AWESOME, Sara.