Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yesterday I cut all of the pieces for the remaining 11 pinwheel star blocks. I had already made 1 block as a test to make sure my math was accurate.

Today I've been working on the blocks themselves.  All of the squares, rectangles and triangles became these sections of the blocks.

And this is the result.  I have all of the rows sewn together but I needed a break. So I'm watching the Vikings  football game. Then I'll finish the blocks by putting the rows together.  And later in the week I'll work on the sashing and cornerstones. Last step will be adding the borders. I have set a deadline for myself on this quilt because it is a "commission" project for a gift being given by my cousin's wife to a friend. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the blocks!! Can't wait to see the top assembled.