Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Row Robin beginning

Our guild is doing a Row Robin this year and we'll exchange our "box" at the March meeting.  I think I have my Row Robin box all ready to go.  This will be a new experience for me and I can't wait to get started.

My theme is Summer Fun!  The first row is 4 blocks (12" finished).  I used the "flip flop" pattern that I've used before a couple of times.  I'm asking for lots of bright summery colors and any design that says "summer fun" to them.  The sashing between each row is a yummy red batik.

The exchange box will have my first row, the sashing strips for all of the future rows, and a small notebook for everyone to write in as they add their row.  I may also include a label for people to sign.  Then each month we will trade boxes, so I will not see this for at least 6 months while other people add to it. And each month the new row will have certain specifications, such as 8" blocks or 6" blocks.

Once I get this back, then I'll add the ribbon straps and buttons to these flip flops before quilting.

No comments: