The green case on the right side was made according to the tutorial, with the fold going the correct direction and with interfacing inside. The case will hold a large and small scissors in the 2 front pockets and will hold a rotary cutter in the back pocket - or any combination of 3 cutting tools.
The 3 black print cases have the fold going opposite of the instructions because I decided I wanted that black print to show more. The upside of that is that my large scissors fit better. And I like both versions.
The 2 green ones on the left side have fusible fleece inside because I ran out of the interfacing. The fleece made them a bit too thick and so I used pearl cotton and laced up the open side instead of top stitching through all of those layers. It worked out OK too.
These 6 cases used up about a yard of fabric and it was all out of my stash including the buttons, except for the one button I purchased. I even made yo-yos to put under plain black buttons on the 3 black cases.