Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Lunch hour sewing

Today work has taken over my life - except for my lunch hour.  I'm working on final revisions to a set of plans and specifications to prep for a bid letting.  As soon as I finish writing this post it's back to work, and sending out the notifications to the contractor and supplier lists.  Once that happens my email will probably begin to "blow up" for a few days. Yikes!!


In his younger years, Sammy would have gleefully rearranged these blocks that I was laying out on the floor while my lunch was reheating. But he's a more dignified old gentleman these days and just comes to supervise.  My pink block halves for La Caribe (Hunter's Star) needed to be paired up so none of the blocks end up with any repeated fabrics.  Two blocks are already sewn, but the other 22 are now pinned into pairs and ready to sew when I get a chance. 


The other little task I finished was to stitch the cuffs and trim onto 3 pillowcases for the grandkids.  I use the sausage roll method so all of the seams are inside the cuff.  French seams will encase all of the bottom and side seams.  Voila!!!  No raw edges.  I'll get these finished up over the weekend, or maybe Friday afternoon if I can get away from my desk.  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The sausage roll method is my favorite way to make pillowcases. The pink blocks will be done before you know it. They're pretty.

LA Paylor said...

stolen moments of sanity... those pinks are so so pretty. Sammy is good to just bask in the warmth of the blocks as black and white look good with pink. LeeAnna