Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Saturday Sampler progress


We're 4 months into the current Saturday Sampler program and I'm still caught up. Yay!!  The big (24") blocks were an extra option but I'm glad I'm adding those. This month's big block has a kind of lavender center Ohio Star surrounded by green pinwheels. 


Each month we make 2 blocks from the pattern but with different colors.  Those colors so far are all kind of "dusty" shades, which isn't my favorite, and all batiks, which I really love.  The light backgrounds I've been using are also batiks but different ones in each block.  This will be very pretty together, even though I prefer brighter colors. 

The other colorway we could choose was 30's fabrics - which I love - and from what I've seen, those blocks are looking so cheerful.  But it's good to step outside of my comfort zone occasionally.  It's easier to give away a quilt when I haven't fallen in love with it. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The big blocks add variety and interest. I love how this is coming together!

Ramona said...

Love the big blocks! This is going to be a beauty.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So pretty! I understand the not loving something that you create so it is easier to give away! :)