Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wednesday whatnots

One of my goals for this week is to get the last 5 blocks finished for Scrappiness Is Happiness.  One of those 5 is the Quick Broken Dishes, and it's done.  


The next one in line is a large one with 64 squares - each one 2.5".  Yikes!  That one will take longer to cut than to sew. Luckily I do have a little basket full of my 30s scraps, and there might even be some 2.5" squares in there to get me started.  


One of the 2 watermelon table runners is now quilted.  I did a mix of straight lines and wavy lines, but still kept it pretty simple.  The binding is attached so maybe by the end of today I'll have it all finished.


The June number for the UFO Challenge was announced and it's #1.  Hmmm - the top one on my list is destined to be a doll quilt, so maybe I can get that one done.  And the PIG is actually in the hands of a quilter already, but I don't expect to get it back until late June at the earliest. 


And that middle project - has a good start with several blocks appliqued, but no real plan for the blocks.  They each have a fabric license plate from the past years of the Row By Row Experience.  I have a lot of those license plates collected, but just wasn't sure how I wanted to use them all.  I've actually used a couple of them on bags I've made, and I started this "car" project.  We'll see if that actually gets pulled out at all since I'll be gone nearly 2 weeks in June.

Work hours, a wedding, and grandkids may cut my sewing a bit short this week.  I've been setting up new budgets for a couple of projects for work, so that is occupying a good share of my mornings last week and again this week.  I'm picking up one granddaughter on Friday from swim team and spending the afternoon shopping with her.  Saturday morning is quilt guild, and Saturday afternoon we have a wedding to attend.  Quite a busy, fun week. 

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you have a very busy week planned - and that scrappy quilt block looks really good

Nann said...

The car is a cute way to use those souvenir patches.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I’d forgotten about the car blocks. So fun to see one of them again. I’m sure you’ll squeeze some sewing time in between your other activities.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

your broken dishes is really pretty - sounds like you have a good plan for the rest of the week!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gotta love a scrappy quilt block!!