Pages

Monday, May 6, 2024

Design Wall Monday - May 6

 My design wall/floor this week has another UFO on it.


This is Rainbow Connection.  It's basically a rectangular string section with the white triangles added and then squared up.  That row on the left needs to be sewn together, and then on the top you can see I'm 4 blocks short.


The string sections were already pieced and hanging with the blocks.  On Saturday afternoon I cut the triangles needed to finish these up.  I'm toying with the idea of appliqued stars in those white areas. But then again it will be good to just check this one off as DONE, and the applique would slow me down.


The parts are also all cut for the Tulip door hanger project.  This was another Riley Blake kit.  I also have one that is patriotic for summer.  I'm hoping to at least get the tops of these done in May.

Sunday morning I took my husband to the airport.  He's in Arizona this week doing "golf school" for 4 days.  That was his 70th birthday gift to himself.  He'll have fun golfing, and I'll have lots of quiet sewing time - except for the dentist appointment, pedicure appointment, and a couple of other things going on this week.

What's on your design wall this week?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I know this quilt well!!! Yours is looking colorfully beautiful, Sara!!! Have a fun week quilting to your hearts content!!!

Kate said...

You've got some fun projects in the works for this week. Rainbow Connection is such fun. Enjoy your stitching time this week, hope you get lots done.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that quilt and thought to make one like it for a long time

Vicki in MN said...

You will still have lots of sewing time this week:) I love this quilt, made a similar one with my brights for a donation quilt a few years back. Great way to use some scraps:)

Nann said...

The intense concentration of the color in each block makes this a standout! Sounds as though both of you will get to spend the week with your favorite activities.

Chrisknits said...

That strip quilt is fabulous!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty quilt squares...oh it would be pretty any which way you finish it! You have a week alone...hope you have a great time, I bet he is having a blast!