Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Tulips and more

 One of my goals this week was to get the flimsy done for the spring door hanger.


Ta Da!!!  The flimsy is assembled, the binding is prepped, and all of the leftover pieces have been cut into squares/rectangles for future projects, or put into the stash in the case of larger pieces.  This door hanger is 20 x 36, so it's a size that I could possibly quilt myself.  We'll see if that happens.


I've been working on the scraps again.  The pinkish purple was perfect for a Kitty block, and a large (3 x 6) Loose Goose.  There was a little of the medium pink from the door hanger, so another Loose Goose happened too.


Five inch string blocks pieced on phone book paper have been one of my Go To leader/ender projects this past month.  With all the scrap play, there were suddenly a lot of those string blocks, so I started turning them into String Beads blocks.


My plan is to alternate these blocks with the light frames next to a colored frame.  And they'll be set on point most likely.  


Don't you love getting mail?  A few weeks ago I was notified that I had won a pattern pack from the Villa Rose blog hop.  These 5 patterns arrived in the mail on Monday.  I'm excited to try out a couple of these fairly soon.  

4 comments:

Kate said...

The tulips wall hanging is really cute. Your string bead blocks are going to make a fun quilt. Congrats on winning the patterns. Those should help you move more scraps out of the drawers.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The little tulip quilt is really cute. Have fun with the Villa Rose patterns, I have several of those. I plan to make twinkle sometime in the fall. Happy stitching!

Nann said...

Hooray for an almost-finish! I look forward to seeing your versions of the VR patterns.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The tulips are perfect for Spring! No blooms here yet!