Pages

Monday, August 3, 2026

Design Wall Monday - August 3

The first Monday of August is bringing some new goals for the last of summer.  My design wall is going to be busy this month again.  But I'm also planning to enjoy this last month of summer with more outdoor time.  My Achilles is feeling almost good enough to play some golf, and my back deck now sports a temporary shelter to keep some of the hot sun away.  Coffee and a good book, along with toast with yummy homemade raspberry jam (made by my son-in-law) is a good way to spend a relaxing morning.


Here are my August goals so far . . .

  • Ongoing Projects - UFOs & WIPs
    • Keep up with Saturday Sampler
    • Garden Stars (paper pieced blocks)
    • Quilt & bind the Windy Days wall hanging
    • Quilt & bind at least 1 WIP project
      • placemats
      • table runners
      • doll quilts
      • SD lap quilt
    • RSC blocks in Yellow
    • QOV blocks
    • kit up another QOV for group
  • NEW Projects
    • online mystery - Meadow Mist - monthly clues
    • autumn mini vertical banner
    • SOMETHING with denim?

Star #1 for Garden Stars was uploaded on August 1.  My plan today is to cut the pieces for this star and at least 1 more of the alternate blocks.  The paper foundations are printed and ready to go.  That yellow floral will be the background, and is a lighter version of the dark blue background in the alternate blocks.


I'm linking up today with:

https://songbirddesigns.blog 

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Your Garden Stars is going to be spectacular. I said it before but I lobe the print your using and you’ve coordinated the solids with it perfectly.

Bonnie said...

You've got a full sewing week planned. Your garden star block is gorgeous... is it a bom or mystery quilt? I'm still deciding about fabric for Marigold Mystery. Your back deck looks wonderfully inviting.

Vicki in MN said...

You have a nice variety of items picked for August. My mental goal list consists of fall and winter-as much as I can get made, haha.

Chantal said...

Enjoy your morning outside. I wish I could too since it's a holiday Monday, but it's raining here, so no deck time for me. That Garden Star looks so complicated. Good luck with that. But I LOVE the print in the lighter version. At first, I thought it was your tablecloth or something until I start reading and realized it's the same print as the other block. They will make such a wonderful quilt these 2 prints together. Enjoy! ;^)

Kate said...

We'll need 2 to 3 weeks before we can begin to enjoy our back patio at any time other than very early in the morning. But it sounds lovely that you are using yours. Garden Stars is such a pretty block. Looking forward to see the new block. Good luck with your August list, it looks really ambitious.

Rebecca Grace said...

What a lovely block, Sara! I love FPP! Glad you're feeling well enough to look forward to some golfing once the weather cools down.

Nann said...

That's an amibitious list for the month! The garden star for the month is another beauty. Do you miss the "gotta get ready for school" feeling?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like your plans for the month. So glad your achilles is feeling better - those things just take soooooo long!! Homemade jam and a book - what a great way to start the day!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Grden Stars will be very pretty! Nice to have some shade!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope we will have cool mornings. I was able to be outside two mornings in a row now which feels nice.