Monday, May 16, 2011

Pattern frustration



This is a small look at a table runner that I made from a kit I bought last fall. It is made from 4 fat quarters and is even called the Fat Quarter Table Runner VI. It is from a company called Out of the Blue.


I really like the end results, but have to say the pattern was a little frustrating. They used nice little color graphics to show how each unit goes together and then how each row goes together.


But the key word here is LITTLE. The print is so small that I could barely read it. And the pictures and words were all mashed together in an effort to get everything onto the front and back of one sheet. It took a lot of extra time trying to figure out. My suggestion to this company is this: make your pattern more user friendly even if it means using 2 sheets of paper! The directions would be good if they were larger and spread out instead of squished together so you can't tell if the writing refers to Unit 4 or Unit 5.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! I did this one for a store sample last month and had lots of problems with it. It took me a lot longer than it should have!

    ReplyDelete