Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Wildlife lap quilt

My first June finish is this lap quilt made with a wildlife art panel and lots of beautiful batiks and other fabrics.

The design on this one is definitely outside of my normal projects. I don't usually like to cut panels apart, but in this case I cut each of the 8 pictures out of the panel. Then I framed them each with narrow folded 3D strips and then a shadow effect with different batiks.

I saw a beautiful picket fence border done recently on a quilt and decided that was just the thing it needed down the sides. I used the scraps from the batik fat quarters and paired them with a beautiful swirly fabric, alternating the blue and the brown colorways.

And I finish it off with a solid border at the top and bottom of the swirly blue. The borders are set off with narrow inner borders of the same black I used around the blocks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, this looks great......