Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Oregon Star


The most recent Saturday Sampler pieced block is called Oregon Star. This might be my favorite so far in this series. I don't have the small version made yet, but it is cut out and ready to go. 

My sewing time may be a little abbreviated for a while. My primary job is mostly staff development and data analysis work with schools in my region. But on Monday morning I was asked to team-teach 3 high school English classes with another teacher. The school is a member of our cooperative and lost a teacher last week, so 2 of us will be covering some courses for at least the rest of the semester and maybe all year. I'll be teaching every other afternoon. Yikes!

I've been out of the traditional classroom for 13 years and have only been teaching a couple of online classes. So I'm feeling a bit rusty. Plus this work is actually in addition to my other duties. Luckily the other teacher will be the "teacher of record" and she will be doing the majority of the planning for all 3 classes (9th, 10th, 11th grades). I anticipate that I will have a lot fewer evenings to sew for now. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Every one of the Sampler blocks is more beautiful than the next. This quilt will be stunning.

I'm confident you will fall back into the rhythm of teaching very quickly. (I've been out of the classroom for nearly 10 years) The district is fortunate to have you and your friend fill this position.

Moneik said...

Good luck with the new teaching assignment. Hope it goes well. Once you get into the swing of things it will workout, but it's hard to make a major job change (especially while doing your current job too).