Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Vintage Farm Girl

A little Sunday sewing time was spent making the pumpkin and gingham blocks from the Farm Girl Vintage book. The pumpkin block is the one our Sew Vintage group is making for October.


A couple of the ladies made the gingham block too and they were so cute that I had to see what checked prints I had in the 30s stash. And the yellow block was born. 


These are the ones I have done so far.  I'm doing a scrappy background so there is a mixture of cream, white, and a light print.  As I keep going I need to incorporate more of the light prints in the backgrounds.  

2 comments:

juliehallfeldhaus said...

So cute!!

Tired Teacher said...

Adorable blocks!

Gingham is a fabric I remember fondly from the 60s. We made everything from that fabric - aprons, skirts, blouses, dresses, pillows, and everything else under the sun. My Mom had many colors of gingham.