Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

And the stockings were hung

 
After a trip to visit with the ladies at The Pin Cushion yesterday morning, my Christmas stockings are now finished.  A huge thank you to Cindy for the great advice about needles and to Brenda for the gorgeous piece of lace (from her private stash) I added to Olivia's stocking.
 
Changing out to a top stitch needle while embroidering seemed to be the magic solution. No more shredded thread. My critical eye sees that I could have aligned the names a bit better - but overall I'm very pleased with the results.  And I doubt that the kids will care.
 
Hiding under the back of the cuff on each is a little ribbon with "Made By Grandma Fridley" on it.  The stockings are all lined with a nice smooth muslin.  

5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! Thrilled to see that the machine cooperated: the names look wonderful on the stockings.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yay! Way to embroider! Now don't you want to do something else? LOL It is addicting! Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

They look lovely! I'm sure the kids are delighted.

Ramona said...

Your stockings are wonderful... what treasures! I love the lace on Olivia's. Merry Christmas!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How precious Sara!