Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

Wrapping up the year

It's really been a pretty productive year in terms of quilting and other sewing projects. I've focused again on finishing up some UFOs and trying to make most of my fabric purchases have a purpose.  I'll be putting together my numbers and figure out how many finishes I had for year, but that will have to wait for the weekend.
 
On Wednesday morning this week my husband had his disc replacement surgery, and yesterday I brought him home again. They kept him just barely 24 hours in the hospital.  The arm numbness has gone away, so I think the surgery will be considered a success. The rest of the healing will take time.
 
 
Luckily I work from home so I've been able to go back to work and still check on him periodically.  He is pretty worn out, and sleeps quite a bit, especially after taking his pain meds.  The neck area is stiff and sore of course.  And his throat is very sore which is something the surgeon warned us about.  He has some lifting restrictions for 6 weeks, and some "twisting" restrictions for 3 months. And he can't drive until he quits taking the pain meds. 
 
So I'm wrapping up the year with very little sewing, but looking forward to 2017 with excitement.
 
 

6 comments:

Jean said...

So glad surgery went well.Main thing now is to follow restrictions. I'm looking forward to your 2017 projects.

Mad about Craft said...

My husband had 2 titanium discs and a fusion in his neck 7- 8 years ago and once he got over the surgery he has been absolutely fine, back to normal activity.

Ramona said...

I'm so glad your husband has seen relief already. My husband had a Celine fusion two years ago and also had immediate relief. Thank God for medical care! Happy New Year.

Tired Teacher said...

Patience, rest, and a positive attitude are important for recovery. I wish your husband all three in abundance.

Blogger said...

Get daily ideas and methods for generating THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME totally FREE.
CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER

Blogger said...

You can make $20 for a 20 minute survey!

Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying me for. They need to know what their average customer needs and wants. So these companies pay millions of dollars each month to the average person. In return, the average person, myself included, fills out surveys and gives them their opinion.