Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Progress on the Christmas stockings

I have all 4 stockings (requested by my daughter) quilted and put together with the backing.  All 4 linings are cut out and ready to sew. And the cuffs and hangers are cut and ready. What this really means is that the scary part is left - using my embroidery machine to add some names to the cuffs.  I plan to use white thread and do a practice one first. 
 
 
This one is going to be for Jonah.  I used a simple chevron design and decided to buy a teal Grunge fabric for the backing and cuff to match the teal chevron. Wish I had enough of the teal print to do the cuff, but the colors match nicely.

 
Mason will get the pinwheel stocking. I used up the remaining stash fabric from Jonah's stocking in this one. And I had just enough of the red in the stash to do the back and the cuff.

 
Olivia gets the Dresden Plate stocking.  I had a fat quarter of the candy cane fabric in my stash and enough of the dark red for the backing and cuff.  I may add a little touch of lace to the edge of the cuff to make it a bit more girly.  And maybe just a few red beads.

 
And this one is for my son-in-law Darin. These are all bits of a sparkly blue fat quarter pack that I used in a wintery quilt for myself a few years ago. I liked all the different shades of blue and the sparkles make it look like it's frosted over.
 
So I should have plenty of time over the weekend to sew since we are getting a winter storm and expect -25 below zero lows on Saturday night.  Thinking we aren't going anywhere, unless it's to a movie a mile away.  If I get them completely done before Tuesday morning I can drop them off after taking my husband for an injection in his neck. 

8 comments:

Ramona said...

Your stockings are so fun and festive! Great ideas for your designs. They will brighten their Christmas,

Tired Teacher said...

Excellent choices of fabric and designs! Looking forward to seeing them all finished and hanging on the mantle.

Ariane said...

Love all of these!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those will be a lovely addition to their Holiday decor!!

Vicki in MN said...

The stockings are adorable!! Hey we are SD natives-Montrose, Madison, Brookings area.

gayle said...

Beautiful stockings! I love how they're all different!

PaulaB quilts said...

Each stocking is so original and personal, good luck with the names.

Alison V. said...

These are all beautiful! :) :) :)