Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sew Sampler Box


Getting packages in the mail is always exciting, but getting "quilty" packages is even more fun.  For the past few months I've been subscribing to the monthly sampler box from The Fat Quarter Shop and it's always a treat to open those turquoise boxes. Just like getting a big birthday present every month. 

This month there is a "Jolly Bar" - 5" X 10" pre-cuts. There are 42 pieces in the grouping that is a yummy blue and peachy fabric line. This is like having 2 matching charm packs, or half of a layer cake. I'll tell you more about this Jolly Bar when I decide what I want to make with it.  And I suppose I'll have to be honest with myself and add it to my stash count as an addition.

There is always some type of pre-cut fabrics and a selection of notions and patterns. This box has the best group of notions since I began subscribing: wonder clips, a thread wax cube, purple Thang, and a seam ripper.  The pattern this month is very cute, although I have one very similar so I may share it forward.  Last but not least there is a pattern on a recipe card for a block each month. 

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Lots of great items in the box - have fun!