Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

Design Wall Monday - Polka Dot Pinwheels

Design Wall Monday - and I finally have something accomplished. Check out what others are working on at:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
I used a charm pack of Blueberry Park (Robert Kaufman) fabric, plus a background fabric to make these pinwheels.  The colors are very fresh and overall I like the result.  It's about 40" by 50", so a nice sized baby quilt.
 
However, this is not one of my better examples of technique.  In spite of constant measuring and squaring up, I have ripples.  My borders are not laying flat.  I measured every row in this quilt before cutting those borders and cut them 1/4" smaller.  And they still appear to have stretched.  I'm hoping the ripples will "quilt out". Or maybe once it's been washed (after quilting) it will be OK.

9 comments:

Judy Hansen said...

Great baby quilt! The colors are really cheerful and who doesn't like pinwheels? Re the ripples: when I have issues with a baby quilt, I imagine all the abuse a baby can do to a baby quilt, and decide my issues won't matter.....and the baby wn't care.

Tired Teacher said...

I love it!

Sometimes, ripples are caused by the fabric and not the quilter. I think this is an adorable quilt, and whoever receives it I swear going to love it.

Ramona said...

It's a great design for a baby quilt. Love the colors!

Alison V. said...

This looks fantastic! I also frequently struggle with ripples. Sometimes they will quilt out and sometimes they don't! Sometimes I find it's just easier to trim the border down slightly.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sara,
Pin dots and pinwheels - what a perfect combination! In my eyes, just the best. Those wrinkles will not be noticeable once you quilt and/or wash it. I wouldn't give it another thought. ~smile~ Roseanne

marebear said...

Very sweet! I like all the cool colors.

Vicki in MN said...

It's very pretty, love the colors!

Blogger said...

YoBit allows you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as many as coins you need from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

You can press claim as much as 50 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or Dollars.

Blogger said...

If you're trying to BUY bitcoins online, PAXFUL is the best source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of payment methods, such as PayPal, Western Union, MoneyGram,, Credit Card and they even allow converting your gift cards for bitcoins.