Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Goals & stash





At the beginning of August I set some goals for the month. Looking back at those goals I must say I didn't get close to achieving them, but I did work on other projects not on my list. So it's OK.  It's about enjoying the process, right? 

I need to take a couple of days to think about goals for September because these were obviously a bit too ambitious. LOL!  What do I WANT to work on or finish? - that should be my focus.


August goals were . . .
  • finish my Saturday Sampler quilt top - DONE
  • bind my Canning Jars table runner - DONE
  • quilt and bind the Cocktails table runner - DONE
  • finish organizing my scraps - partially DONE
  • quilt and bind the cycling row by row wall hanging
  • make a signature block for my Sew Vintage group to sign - DONE (Furrow block from Farm Girl Vintage book)
  • work on my UFO Challenge #5 project - Temecula Circa 2016 quilt  (hope to finish the blocks)
Optional projects to choose from . . . for when I can't stick to the plan:
  1. "Kit Up" 2 new projects - cut and organize so they are ready to work on when I'm ready - Kitted up 17 pillowcase kits, but no other projects
  2. make a set of 24 string blocks - only made 2 string blocks
  3. make 3 more blocks for En Provence quilt
  4. make 10 more polka dot pinwheel blocks
I've been keeping track of fabric in and out all year, but haven't been posting about it much.  In spite of making a couple of big purchases in July and August, I'm still ahead of my stash by 17 yards. 

That will be 19 yards as soon as I finish these 2 Bambi pillowcases.  I have the top cuffs sewn on, using the "sausage roll" method so no raw seams are exposed.  Sometime this weekend I'll add the French seams across the bottom and sides to finish these.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

I'd say you did a great job on your August goals! It looks like a lot got DONE.