Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Sewing room closet


My sewing room is actually just a large basement bedroom and it has a nice big closet.  I have several plastic storage drawer units in it for storing fabric.  But the hanging rod comes in very handy for hanging up flimsies waiting to be quilted and sets of blocks waiting to become something. There are now 6 quilt tops hanging there that need to be quilted.  Two of them have backs hanging with them.

This has always been one of my problems with the whole quilting process.  I just don't have the skills or the patience to hand or machine quilt anything very large. And I don't have the cash to hire all of my quilting done. So the tops tend to hang around, pun intended. At least all of these are either kid sized or lap sized. Maybe I can choose one per month to quilt, either hired or attempting one myself. 

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Yes, having a top quilted can be expensive - easily $200 or more for a simple allover design for a twin-sized quilt. I've quilted baby quilts or wall hangings on my machine but never anything larger.