Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Quilt of Valor flimsy



I have the flimsy done for this Quilt of Valor, way more quickly than I expected.  This is an adaptation of the Spotlight pattern by Mountainpeek Creations, which I've used before on a different panel.  I love the borders made up of a combination of pieced blocks and plain strips.  The original pattern used 9-patch blocks. But I felt that the stars would be more appropriate for this one.  I ended up only using 12 of the stars, so there are stars left to use somewhere else.

My husband left at noon on a business trip, and I went right down to my sewing room.  By 4:30 in the afternoon I had the flimsy done. And the bonus - I didn't spend the afternoon snacking. 

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It's Beautiful!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sara,
This turned out really great! I love the stars in the borders as well as above and below the center piece. ~smile~ Roseanne

Moneik said...

Great job Sara! I made this panel into a top as a sample for the store awhile ago. I love the different look it gets with the stars.

Ramona said...

It’s a wonderful quilt, Sara! I love the layout and the stars in the corners. Beautiful finish!

MwixiNana said...

Do you have a pattern for this quilt? I’d love to make it for my 3 sons, all veterans