Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Stars & unicorns

 
I picked this one up from my quilter this week and as always, Bonnie did a great job. I usually leave the quilting design and thread choice up to her because I trust her instincts.  This time I did request something with stars to go with the stars on the front and the stars on the back.  It's ready to bind with a deep pink print that blends nicely with the pink stars.

 
This quilt is made from parts and pieces of En Provence, which was last year's Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. I decided to use the various units in other ways because I just wasn't happy with how it was looking laid out in the original pattern.  I really love this result and am so glad the parts didn't just become another UFO.
 
 
The back has unicorns - granddaughter Olivia's favorite thing - and stars and rainbows.  The pink in this photo is not very true as the light is gloomy again. But it is a nice bright pink that fits perfectly with the front.  I'm not sure yet if I'm going to give Olivia the quilt and matching pillowcase for her April birthday, and save the big floor pillow for Christmas.  My original plan had been to save the quilt for Christmas, but she was asking for another quilt on the phone last week so maybe she needs to get this one now. But first I need to get it bound.
 

2 comments:

Ramona said...

It's such a fun quilt and the backing is perfect for a little girl. Have fun sewing the binding down. Isn't it great when the littles ask for new quilts?!?

Tired Teacher said...

Well done. I usually leave the thread choice and quilting decisions to the longarmer, too.

Your granddaughter is going to love this quilt.