Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

Laser cut words



I picked up this laser cut message on my road trip through Iowa last summer.  At the time I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, but I just knew that I wanted it.  I've ironed it onto a medium tan fabric with a small print.  The color here is way off, but the black does look good on it. The vines printed on the fabric look like the vines in the black laser cut piece.

So now, I'm thinking some simple hand quilting to finish it and then mount it in a picture frame.  I recently saw a gorgeous small hand quilted piece done with a diagonal grid and a tiny bead stitched into every place the stitching crossed.  That might be too much work, but I think it would look great. So for now it's hanging on my design wall.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

I have never seen anything like that out of fabric. It's beautiful! It will be fun to see how you decide to finish it. Sorry about your Jack Rabbits yesterday... I was cheering for them!

Tired Teacher said...

Unique and beautiful. It will make a nice wall hanging. I know you'll have fun making it "yours."

woolyjooly said...

Sara - HOLD ON. I bought you some fabric in Deborah, IA when I was there on March 4. It is very Iowegian. You might want to make a pillow or ???? cuzzin, Julie