Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

Design Wall Monday - playing with scraps

It wasn't a big sewing weekend, but I did play in my sewing room a little.  Facebook blew up over the past week with Bonnie Hunter's newest block - Diamond Tile.  The block pattern is in the May/June issue of Quiltmaker magazine.

 
This is a fun little 7" block and obviously Bonnie's fans fell in love with it quickly. The magazine came out a little more than a week ago and some people were posting photos showing they had already made over 100 blocks. That is crazy!!  But I first made 1 block in red, blue, and gold, and then added borders to make it big enough to use in a QOV.  And now I have made 3 more.  This might be a good start for a baby quilt.
 
Check out the other Monday Design Walls at: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

 
One of my Saturday tasks was getting some laundry done.  At one point in the afternoon I came into the bedroom to grab another load - and found this!  20 pounds of long haired cat draped across my tan dress pants and a stack of towels. It was almost like he was taking credit for the work. Poor Sammy!  He's almost 17 years old and getting up on our bed is hard work anymore. He jumps onto a chair, then hops over to the nightstand, and then steps onto the bed itself. So he was probably enjoyed the lumpy stacks of clothes to rest his old bones.

3 comments:

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Love your blocks and I have seen a lot of posts too on this block. There are over achievers every where, I'm lucky to just gets something completed. I'll look forward to see what yours turn out to be.

Tired Teacher said...

Your Diamond Tile blocks would make a great baby quilt in those fun colors.

Judy Hansen said...

I like your Diamond Tile blocks, I am going to try making one. They sure are popular!