Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sewing therapy



Having Tuesday afternoon off was a perfect opportunity to get some sewing therapy.  I made a couple more of the Diamond Tile blocks with some fun scraps hanging out in the bins.  I love the beach pail fabric. I used it on the back of a "flip flop" quilt that has been hanging on the guest bathroom wall since we moved into this house 12 years ago. So it was definitely time to use up some more of it. Isn't that lobster pail cute?



Five more Garlic Knot blocks came together quickly and are now added to the stack for the guild Quilt of Valor project coming up in May. 



There was no chance of getting bored because I kept switching projects.  And I have half of the jelly roll quilt rows put together.  I have a layer cake of the same fabric and am kind of thinking that I'll use it to add some borders on this one to make it bigger.  It will only be 48" wide without borders, so I think it needs to grow. I had 2 jelly rolls and a layer cake of the Christmas prints, plus the white background, and small amounts of the green and red solids.    So I may as well use up as much of the fabric as possible by adding a border. Plus there are enough jelly roll strips left to use for binding.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Great job on all your projects. The Garlic Knots in red, white, and blue are perfect for a QOV. I need to remember that block when decide to make a dent in my 2.5" scraps.

Moneik said...

You've got lots of great projects going on. I'm in the transition phase, just binding my Crown Royal and no deadlines on other projects, so I'm not real motivated.