Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Quilts of Valor building blocks



One of our long time members is downsizing and she gave more than 20 gorgeous patriotic blocks to the guild to use in a future Quilt of Valor.  There are some really amazing blocks in this collection.  I was told that they were from a block exchange.  All I can say is "Wow - and thank you Mary!"

 And I've made 4 blocks (so far) to add to that mix.  While I'm digging in those red, white, and blue scraps and stash I may make a few more.



We are having a Quilt of Valor work session the morning of our May meeting. I counted out Garlic Knot blocks, and we had enough to finish one quilt and 26 more to start another. Those are now organized and ready to go. I also pulled 2 really pretty Garlic Knot blocks out of the stack because I feel that they fit much better with the blocks that Mary gave us.  They are on the right side of the picture above.  These Garlic Knots are so pretty.  Besides, I know that folks will come that morning with more blocks.  It's really looking like we could get 3 more QOV tops made in the next month to add to the 3 we have ready to present.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Great job Sara! It's always so rewarding to make the blocks and put them together as a group. I love the Garlic Knots pattern, but haven't found time to make them yet.

Ramona said...

There are some beautiful blocks in her collection. How nice that your group will finish the quilt and put it to good use.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I was part of that exchange~ one of those blocks was from a quilter in New Zealand. :-)

Tired Teacher said...

Fantastic that all these blocks will make several QOV.