Pages

Friday, June 1, 2018

Goals, goals, goals

June isn't going to be a very good month for setting new goals as I have something going on every single weekend, ending with the guild quilt show and the big family reunion at the end of the month.  And I want to play some golf which also cuts into my sewing time.

May however, was a productive month, with most of my goals reached:

  • 3 RSC Sampler blocks in pink - DONE
  • 2 Saturday Sampler blocks - DONE  
  • 12 Ritzy Cracker blocks (pink) - DONE
  • finish top of Christmas jelly roll quilt - DONE & in the quilter's hands 
  • bind Pink Pineapples - DONE
  • prep the sewing room wall hanging for quilting - NO, and I may add some lettering to it
  • make a plan for large Farm Girl Vintage blocks - NO plan at all yet

  • I finished the red Sew Together bag early in the month and Olivia's big pillow, both of which were part of the APQ UFO Challenge.  I also made 11 orange and 6 black/brown Ritzy Cracker blocks. Two quilt tops were finished and delivered to the quilter in May: the Christmas one listed above plus a brand new jelly roll race quilt. The bindings for both are done and ready to attach as soon as I get the quilts back. It's always exciting to get my quilts back all quilted.

    For June I am setting the following goals for myself:
    • 3 RSC Sampler blocks in teal/aqua (June colors)
    • 2 Saturday Sampler blocks + 2 of the alternate blocks
    • 12 red Ritzy Cracker blocks
    • 6 dark Ritzy Cracker blocks
    • bind Jelly Roll Race 
    • bind Christmas Jelly Roll
    Binding those quilts will be determined by when I get them back.  I really would like to put them in the quilt show, but I'm kind of slow binding so that may or may not be realistic. But we'll see.

    1 comment:

    Tired Teacher said...

    Summer is fleeting, so enjoy as much of the sunshine as you can.