Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

More Saturday Sampler



Here is the second version of the Saturday Sampler block. I ended up leaving the light pink squares in the same place, along with the white. I just reversed the black and dark pink. I tried a couple of different layout options but liked this the best.



Last month we got the patterns for 2 different alternate blocks.  Here is my first attempt. I've wavered back and forth as to the color placement.  I want to use a lot of the same bright colors as I did in the regular blocks.  But I'm not sure if I should reverse the black and white that are in this one, so the black is the background and the white is in the flying geese sections.  I just can't decide.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Another beautiful block. Deciding which fabric should go where is a difficult decision - one I struggle with constantly.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the first one in the photos, the black sets everything off:)