Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Design Wall Monday



The cat did eventually get off my quilt, so I have most of the binding done.  Navy blue thread on a navy background demands daylight for me.  So I quit stitching with about a quarter of the binding left to finish.  I have an Ott light, but still find that navy blue and black are just hard to see.

I love how this Lone Star turned out. Bonnie (Pin Cushion) did a beautiful job quilting it with a meander and stars. 

Other Sunday sewing - while my husband played golf with SIL #2 - was pretty random.  I added 3 more vertical rows to One Block Wonder, and made one more row.  Two patriotic garlic knot blocks were made and added to our guild stack for the next Quilt of Valor. And on the Kim Diehl mini quilt, I made 2 of the 8 little stars and 16 of the 64 half square triangles.  Those stars are 4.5" square and the HST are 2.5" square - lots of little pieces to add to the flag block.

Check out what the other Design Walls at:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Your star is striking! I agree that dark fabrics are hard to sew in the evening. I avoid dark yarn for the same reason.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful star quilt. I've always hoped to make one someday--this size would be a good starting point.