Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Patriotic Lone Star



Wednesday night is league golf for my husband, so my house was quiet and I decided to sew.  I have the Lone Star part done after less than 3 hours of sewing time.  This could be a lovely wall hanging if I add a simple border all around.  Currently it’s 28" square, so maybe a 3" border would be perfect.

The other crazy thought I had is to put a border on it and then add Garlic Knot blocks all around it, making a Quilt of Valor.  Either choice gives me some options to play with. This was definitely a pattern I will try again.

And now - back to work on my One Block Wonder, while finishing ideas percolate through my brain.

7 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh, Sara, it's beautiful! Either way you finish it will be lovely.

Tired Teacher said...

It's gorgeous! Great fabric placement, as it pulls the eye right to the middle.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow this one is a beauty! :)

Julie in GA said...

Your Lone Star is beautiful and would make a great QOV.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful Lone Star!

Angie said...

Great Lone Star block! It makes me want to run in the sewing room and start rummaging through my collection of RWB fabrics!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Stunning results!! Great use of those 3 hours of sewing time.