Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2018

One Block Wonder



The blocks are all done for my first One Block Wonder.  Now I need to do some layout planning.

I've been looking online at how others have put these together and have seen some really unique layouts.  On Facebook I joined a OBW group, and on Pinterest I've set up a new board to save ideas. And wow - are there lots of ideas out there!  Some layouts appear to be totally random and there are other layouts where the colors are grouped in various ways.  Some of my blocks read very pink, green, orange, or purple.  Others don't have a dominant color. So I think I just need to play with them and see what happens. 

There is a chunk of the original fabric left that I could incorporate into the design, similar to using a panel.  That would make it larger.  Decisions, decision, decisions.

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Love the bright colors - it will be a stunning quilt no matter what you decide.

Ramona said...

I’m looking forward to seeing this quilt! OBW are so fun!