Pages

Monday, July 16, 2018

Sew Vintage 



I forgot to post a photo of this little project for our Sew Vintage group challenge.  We were challenged last month to do something with the camper block from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book.  These blocks are each 6.5" and I added a 2.5" border around them.  The camper needs a little embroidery to connect the step and to add a doorknob.  Adding a family name or some other words below would make a cute little wall hanging for someone's camper.

We aren't a camping household. Years ago when our kids were in elementary school, we rented a very small camper and spent a couple of nights in the Black Hills. The girls and I thought it was fun, but my husband hated every minute of it.  He hated that he had to sleep katty-korner across the little bed. He hated that the shower was too small for him to hardly turn around in. It just wasn't his idea of fun. 

On a sad note, our Sew Vintage group lost a beloved member yesterday.  Dorla was a lovely person who was a pleasure to have part of any group. Her quilting knowledge and experience was really valued.  All of her "quilting community" friends join her family in mourning her loss but will celebrate having known her.  She would have turned 84 in about a week.

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

❤️ These blocks are adorable! I've been camping twice - once in a motor home and once in a tent. I preferred the motor home. 😉.

Ramona said...

What cute blocks! I camped a lot as a child with my family, but my husband's idea of camping is staying at a Holiday Inn! So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Moneik said...

That is so adorable! I need to get the book and make the camper. We have a 5th wheel, so plenty of sleeping room/ big shower, but I love the smaller vintage as we borrowed one when I was in high school and went to Huron for the Fair several years. It was so much fun.