Pages

Monday, November 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday - Hourglass



The main part of the Hourglass top is done, so now I need to work on borders for it.  I'm trying to use up some of the Thimbleberry fabrics that were in the drawer with this UFO project.  After digging around, I've decided on a deep red for the narrow inner border and a dark blue for the wider outer border.  These colors seem to fit in nicely with the reds, golds, blues, and greens in the pieces.



Check out more Monday design walls at:  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

This Monday will be a busy one.  I've spent the morning trying to catch up with my online course students (high school) and cleaning out my fridge and freezer in the kitchen.  And this afternoon will be spent working on invoices for my other job - and doing whatever is needed while my new appliances are delivered and installed. 

Washer, dryer, fridge, and dishwasher will arrive in about an hour.  The range was special ordered and probably won't be here until next week sometime.  Our appliances were all original to this house so they are 22 years old and all were definitely showing some old age symptoms.  We finally decided we better spend some money now before we have an emergency with one or more appliance.  So it's exciting to have new appliances coming. I just hope we don't have any nasty surprises.

4 comments:

Linda Enneking said...

I really like this quilt. I may try to do something similar with the Thimbleberries fabrics I have.

Tired Teacher said...

Great choices for the borders! Will you complete the stars in the red border?

Good plan to replace appliances before they die. I lost a whole freezer full of meat & food last year. I replaced the upright freezer, the refrigerator, the washer, and dryer because they were 25 years old. Thankfully, I didn't have to replace the dishwasher or range. The new owners of my house will need to replace them soon. Only the upright freezer moved with me.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good choice for the borders! Our appliances are mostly about 20 something years old....the fridge needs a new icemaker so It might be a new fridge for us. I love my Jennaire stove and they are very expensive now:(

Linda said...

I have this quilt. It is one of my favorites!!! Linda