Pages

Friday, November 16, 2018

It's almost the season



I do love decorating the house for Christmas, and usually it happens sometime during the weekend of Thanksgiving.  This year I won't be around over that weekend, so I'm debating with myself - decorate this weekend or wait until December.  Right now I'm leaning toward at least putting up the tree on Sunday, so it's there to enjoy when I come home again after Thanksgiving weekend. 

But I did get a little head start this morning.  There is an annual Holiday Arts show here in town about 4 times per year, right before major holidays.  Lots of arts and crafts plus home canned goods and home baked goods.  I was the driver this morning for a friend having cataract surgery, and after dropping her back at her house I had to drive within a block of the Holiday Arts show. So of course I had to stop in to check it out.

This cute little tree in a container begged to come home with me.  And it looks so good on the credenza next to me office desk.  I added the tiny LED light string, and now it will cheer up my office. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

It's lovely. I eager to decorate my new apartment, but I'll wait until after Thanksgiving. I hope I kept enough decorations in my downsizing mania.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I have the same debate going on in my head. ;) Cute tree!