Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Social sewing

Social sewing is something that I haven't done much of in the past couple of years.  So I jumped at the opportunity to do the One Block Wonder class last weekend.  It was an awesome class and I got a lot done on my second OBW project.



Disclaimer - I borrowed stole these photos from Brenda at The Pin Cushion.  The shop hosted this class in a local hotel conference room where we had lots of space to cut, press, sew and socialize all day long.


I'm on the left end of this first photo with my Halloween panel.  I cut my strips a bit wider than the book called for because my print was such a large scale.  It turned out to be a good decision. 


Everyone had such beautiful fabrics and the blocks were really gorgeous!  But I must admit one of my favorites was the blue butterfly panel that Alvina was using. The butterfly wing details were making exquisite OBW triangles.  



Our instructors were also sewing with us.  Deb (far left) was working on a fall themed OBW, and Karen (far right) was adding edge pieces to a very striking multi-color OBW.  These ladies led us through the process and had lots of great tips.  


Thank you to Deb and Karen for leading a fun class, and to Brenda at The Pin Cushion for hosting.  The day was a great way to renew the mojo!


6 comments:

Alison V. said...

That looks like a ton of fun!

Tired Teacher said...

Based on your previous post, I never would have guessed you were using a a Halloween panel for your OBW. Now, I'm really curious to see your blocks.

Moneik said...

What a wonderful opportunity to sew together. I think that's the only way I would do a OBW again. I have made 2 and enjoy it, but not my favorite one I have ever done.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! Happy Thanksgiving!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you have more photos...it looks like the end results could be real interesting:)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How cool! I spy some familiar faces in your photos! :-)