Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Hourglass is ready to quilt



It is always such a good feeling when you put in the final stitches on a top, and can lay it out for a look.  Since these blocks were begun in 2004 and completed in 2018, I have an even bigger appreciation for the work I've put into this quilt.

Hourglass was a 2004 Thimbleberries pattern. The fabrics are all leftovers from Thimbleberries Club projects.  I didn't finish all of those projects, but I did finish most of them.  There wasn't enough of any one fabric for the outer border, so I pieced some red on the top and bottom borders to fill out the dark blue.  Maybe it's appropriate since the rest of the quilt is scrappy to have a somewhat scrappy border.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! I like the scrappy border and the flying geese frames around the hourglasses.