Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A brown bag


It's always fun to put those final stitches into any project and that happened for the brown floral Sew Together bag.  A little label and a zipper pull added some little extra touches to this one.  I'm hoping the knitter this one is going to will enjoy it.  I'll get it in the mail to her next week. 


The ends and lining are peach with dark brown stitching.  Those pocket sections gave me fits on this bag, including broken needles. But in the end it turned out fine.


In the past 3 weeks, both of these Sew Together bags were finished from the kits I had cut.  Two more full kits remain, plus I found another bag front that I had made from selvages as a class sample a couple of years ago when I taught this class at The Pin Cushion. So that makes a third one in the UFO/WIP list. But I think it's time to work on something else for awhile.  


5 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Nice bags! The recipient of the brown bag will adore it. It will be handy to store a variety of knitting notions.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice bags, that is lots of sewing and kinda sounds like a puzzle:)

Ramona said...

Great finish. The brown floral with the peach insides is so pretty. I love your tag, too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh my gosh, I so admire stitching like this! You've made such a beautiful thing and so professional looking.

woolyjooly said...

What they said!! ^^ Signe A., formerly of Howard, will love the brown floral bag, I'm sure.