Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Happy Blocks



Sunday sewing included some playing.  I saw a cute quilt made with Happy Blocks on Mary's blog and just had to make some.  These are made with charm squares and 2.5" strips, both of which I have in abundance.

The link to her instructions is https://maryquilts.com/happy-blocks-from-charms/, plus she has a lot of other free patterns.  


I had a small bag with lots of charm squares that I have collected from online swaps over the years and knew there were some cute dog and cat charms.  And there were also lots of polka dots, some bugs, and dinosaurs.  Overall I think there will be enough to make a child sized quilt.  I know I don't need any new projects but these were too much fun to not make some. 


I might have to put the Minnesota loon charm square back in the bag, but the rest of these should work well together.  


A lot of other quilty fun was had on Sunday.  I worked on hand quilting while watching the Masters golf tournament on TV this morning.  About half of my Saturday Sampler blocks were updated later in the morning, then I played with these Happy Blocks. While pulling the charm squares out I also gathered a couple of future projects and put fabric and patterns together in project bags.  And then I rearranged the One Block Wonder blocks on the floor so that I'm a little closer to deciding on a final layout.  

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

They will be happy blocks! I can imagine a small child pointing out all the treasures in the quilt! :)

Tired Teacher said...

Mary is generous with her patterns: I've made several of her designs. The Scottie fabric is adorable.

woolyjooly said...

yes, so very cute! Great theme.